How to Fish a Saltwater Tube and Worm Lure
Posted by on
A couple tips on how to fish with a tube worm set-up....
- Use live bait (seaworm) on the hook. This will attract fish to the tube hook and increase chances of hooking up.
- Use a stiff back rod with a softer tip for improving hook sets.
- Keep the troll slow…1-3 MPH. If trolling with multiple lines, leave one worm slightly behind the "school". This will draw a higher percentage of strikes to the trailing worm.
- Mix up the colors. Red is the old stand-by but give other colors a shot when bites are slow.
- Mix up your troll depth to where the fish are…use lead lines, downriggers, or sinkers.
Share this post
- Tags: Striped Bass, Trolling, Tube and Worm